Years before, whenever I would blog, inevitably there would be times that I would not blog for a long time. Either:
- There would be so much that would happen that writing about it would just be impractical. But completely ignoring it would make my NF would cry from my lack of authenticity while my J would be ruffled beyond despair because I am not blogging in a chronological manner. In my mind, there was only one rational solution to this solution to this: stop blogging all together.
- My life was so uneventful (or at least so it seemed) that simply thinking about blogging would bring on the onset of yawning and eye rubbing.
Thankfully I had the foresight to anticipate this ebb and flow and named my blog Summer Candy to dispel any ideas that this blog would be remotely alive after August. (This is one of the perks of being older: being unapologetic about your shortcomings – at least the ones that are relatively innocuous)
Well so much has happened since August!
- I started my 7th year of teaching. I decided to take on a student teacher which has been great because….
- I am 24 weeks pregnant! And THANK YOU LORD for this student teacher because he provides the much needed bathroom break throughout the day. Now that I am more than halfway through with this pregnancy, I can safely say that I do not feel extra feminine or beautiful like some women report. I do feel like a beached whale. I even make low frequency vocalizations whenever I have to get out of bed, get off the couch or pick up something from the ground.
- I am in Book 7 of Harry Potter and I love it more than I did in August. Current HP angst I think about: Whose side is Snape really on? What’s his deal? Will Ron and Hermione get together? Will good really triumph over evil??
- My wardrobe has significantly changed. I used to love tailored jackets and pants… now they are instruments of torture. If it were up to me, I’d wear leggings that go up to my bustline and stretchy tops EVERY DAY. I haven’t tied my shoes in 2 months. These shoes are my current faves:
I’m not really sure how this blog will evolve, but come what may, it’ll be an adventure!